Raging Horde On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raging Horde On

Forum for the Savage 2 EU clan Raging Horde On

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)

Go down 
+5
ArtNutrilett
Groet
booiiing
rYuUma
Jeffthechef
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffthechef
Admin
Jeffthechef

lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Empty
PostSubject: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:25 am

By popular demand (RrYyYuuUumMaaAaaa), i present a tips thread for us to pass on our tricks and advice to, well, RRrRRrRryyYyyyuma.

Anyway, post them here and hopfully we'll all be slightly better because of it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hard.omgforum.net
rYuUma

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:20 am

he its just rYuUma ok? :p

hit/block hit/block and so on is a good way attacking buildings. it attacks fast and costs less stamina.
Back to top Go down
booiiing

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:29 am

first of all: read the strategy-wiki and the guides on the official forum, you will get a lot from those!

the most essential stuff:

field-player
- always try to attack from behind. you do a lot more damage that way and it won't be blocked.
- stick with your officer! his aura will give you various buffs, including faster healing.
- use vc or ping if you want a buff - that way the comm can locate you faster.

commander
first of all and the most important thing: KNOW THE MAP! different mines have different extraction rates and different maps may offer completely different tactics, depending on your team and your performance as a comm.
basic start
- pinging your first outpost should be the first thing to do when a game starts. most people will run there then. prefer mines with a high extraction-rate, but don't risk too much. (or risk all if you have an awesome team and weak enemy (aka stack)).
- build the base-mine and send a worker (journeyman or sapling) there to build it.
- after that, speed-buff a builder, if one is amongst them, else speed-buff an officer, so he can place a portal there fast.
- now eye the enemy-base and life-leak an officer (so he can't place a portal) and slow down a builder or a different officer.
- if your outpost has npc guarding it, shield-pierce them, so they take more damage from ranged.
- heal one of your players, preferably an officer.
- build the outpost. send the worker there, even if he didn't finish the base-mine yet. spawn another worker if you can and send it there, too.
- send your players to the enemy-outpost. urge them to donate.

extended strategy
- if you are lucky and have a great team, they will take down the outpost. be sure to buff them and debuff the enemy.
- if more than 2 of your players survive, send them to attack the enemy main-mine and start building an outpost where you just destroyed the enemy.
- get your workers there, urge your officers to place portals.
- if you can't get up an outpost, don't waste any more time or money there. urge your players to donate, remind your officers to place portals and keep up the preassure.
- use eye frequently to discover enemy-outposts.
- get tech!
Back to top Go down
Groet

Groet

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:29 am

Well then, I'll give my commander tips then..

Comebacks, tricks -

Don't ever think it's over, There's always chance for comebacks if you think about new tactics and look for open spots in their strategy, backdoors(Building a garr/sub near their lair) are a good tool for comebacks and also something to end stalemates..

Buffing -

Buff alot but don't waste them, Sure you can buff and buff, but if the people you buff don't use them right.. well then they are wasted.. For example a builder vs pred.. You can cast heal.. but is it worth it?..... YES! if you feel that the player can do it.. of course for a builder to take a pred on you will need to cast cripple and life leak otherwise it's heavily against the builder..

Tell people to gather up for armor buff before they march to attack a sub/garr.. listen to when they ask for healing

Buffing is one of the core things that can make a game turn, use them well and you'll do well..

Building, spacing -

Building and teching fast is good, but to do it right is even better.. don't build buildings to close to each other, players can often hit both buildings with a single swing or destroy them both with a sac/demo.. Have space between them..

Use your imagination when it comes to getting mines, sometimes try to go to their mine 2nd mine instead of yours, this will give you the upper hand, Of course this will also leave your 2nd mine open, but they will maybe focus more on destroying yours first, this will probably give you enough time to build at your 2nd mine anyways..

ALWAYS build towers to protect outposts, they are most often key points to win and they will get targetted.. (Same rule here don't build them close to garr/sub or to far..)

Remember that your team can have the advanced even if the other team have more units/tech.. if you own 75% of the map and all the outpost are protected you will be able to win by being on the defence.. as you own more mines than they do you will have like 30k gold already... BUILD xD

Teamwork -

Tell your team the plan and/or pinpoint and draw alot.. Talk to them and tell them they are doing good.. a positive attitude can give them better buffs than all the ones you have!

If you see someone going rambo all the time and then say "You suck silly person, hug you!"
Ignore them, They mostly don't know squat about commanding or the pressure that you have while commanding.. It's more than just buffing, it's looking for openings, seige... EVERYTHING is on your shoulders... you make or break the team

Well that's all I know about commanding atm.. I might write more later on.. Of course all this is by own experience..

Last edited by Groet on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
booiiing

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:32 am

Groet wrote:

If you see someone going rambo all the time and then say "You suck you noob, hug you!"
you forgot to translate "noob" to "silly person" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
booiiing

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:34 am

rYuUma wrote:

hit/block hit/block and so on is a good way attacking buildings. it attacks fast and costs less stamina.
it will cost less stamina that way, but it will also take longer. if you do a flurry (3 strikes in a row, 4 for marksman and shapeshifter), the last strike will do A LOT more damage than the others. you can see the stats per unit on the official website. be sure to know them Wink
Back to top Go down
Groet

Groet

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:36 am

Nice double post boing Smile I like the start of the forum so far, we already have double posters! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeffthechef
Admin
Jeffthechef

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 am

Critical strike for savages works on buildings - useful for that extra DPS.

Lightning strike in combat for the shapeshifter can be very effective when timed right.

3 hit combos leave too long to get back into block/attack again, so its usually much more effective to use just one or two swings in combat.

Never stop moving! Theres two types of players in Savage, the quick and the dead.

When fleeing, aways try to flee through the enemy, if you can get one or two of them to chase you back then you've succeeded in diffusing their potential zerg, as 2 groups of 2 are far easier to deal with than 1 group of 4 (or anything like that).

Special attacks (savage crit/dual swing, shapeshifter acid spray, MM backstab etc) drain your opponent's block bar more than a usual attack, so when entering combat try to get one in on your first flurry, either you'll stop them being able to block faster than otherwise, or you'll succeed in hitting then with a special (which is allways a good thing).

If you can, travel in pairs. a 2v1 is almost always a victory for the 2.
Back to top Go down
rYuUma

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:48 am

nice, that helped me a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
Jeffthechef
Admin
Jeffthechef

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:49 am

rYuUma wrote:
nice, that helped me a lot Smile

And so the thread is brought to its logical conclusion. Nice work guys Very Happy

flower
Back to top Go down
ArtNutrilett

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Try this..... first off all get a good commander, then you go hunting for weak enemies and collect 20 souls as fastest you can and then rush them with malph Smile

-try the practise mode to learn and improve malphas skills first and be carefull..he run's out of stamina pretty fast so dont get stuck with your enemies Sad (a good thing to now.....spawnportals give you much xp bounce )
Back to top Go down
ArtNutrilett

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:28 pm

P.S if noone already have said it..... shapeshifter's Blind spell are awsome against the humans buldingarmor.... exs: a human stronghold without blind have 85 armor.... with blind its down to 60 armor or something like that Razz (im clever huh? lol! )
Back to top Go down
butchercrew

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:48 pm

ok, so I'll put some general and specific hints as well:

I wont add more to the com, as there is nothing more i could add Razz.

Generally as fieldunit: Try to inflict as much damge as u can as fast as u can! As well to buildings as to players. And dont do it rambo style, but use ur head while doing so. At the beginning you would want to pressure on to the enemy mine, or if you are pushed back, defend your own outpost. Not too much to worry about yet. But later on, as a good player you should also take at least a bit of the pressure off the comander by thinking of strategic ways to attack and defend: so most importantly: ALWAYS keep an eye on the minimap! this is crucial for a good response on enemy attacks.
For example: if you see a larger group of enemies approaching at one of your teams outposts on the minimap, try to get the situation. Spawn to defend if neccessary. If you see "enough" teammates to defend, u might also go for one of the other enemies outposts. Especially if the area u have to cross to get there has been "idle" for some time, and the enemy hasnt attacked from there in a while. You might get there and hit them with the "pants down" ,meaning, that because of the great attack they are launching on your outpost, there is noone to defend. If you are lucky u can inflict alot of damge untill anyone spawns there, and if you are even more lucky, after a time half the enemy team will spawn there to kill you, which takes the pressure from your own teams outpost. For the rest: Always try to be in the middle of it by responding to the enemies movements. Dont run around in the map wasting time with....well: running around in the map. The more time you spend with running around, the less expirience u will get and its hard to keep up with higher leveld enemies. So stay focused an be a pain in the enemis butt. That way you will be able to gain alot expirience, which brings me back to what i said in the begining: as much damage as fast as u can. Once you are 2-3 levels higher than your opponents, it will be more and more easy to take them out, because u have more armor, attackstrenght etc. And later: enogh souls Smile

Practical tips: Always stock up your items. I peronally work with all Items u can recover health with, potions (always have 2 potions on you), omg i dont know the names of the items Razz. the "centaur buff item": it shields you and lets you recover a small amount of health instantly. Unlike potion, it has no cooldown after youve been hit and also shields surrounding teammates!! great item! And i have a health rune. the trick is: always have more health then the enemy Very Happy
Another great item (which name i also dunno) is the "shoes" but not the ones u can speedbuff yourself with, but the ones that give you 20% longer charges. First good thing about them: like someone in this thread said before: keep moving!!! 20% more dodging and charging is a great thing! the second great thing about this item is: you are imune to ranged attacks while dodging and charging, which is specificly great for one thing: approaching towers and spires! you wont make it to the tower in one charge, but if you apply your charging to the rhythm of the towers firing rate by "charge-tapping" u can get to the tower or behind the sub/gar without being hurt by the shots!

Well, Its become a longer text than i thought. Maybe someone reads it and even can get something out of it...

greetz, butch

uhm,
Back to top Go down
booiiing

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:03 am

butchercrew wrote:
omg i dont know the names of the items Razz. the "centaur buff item": it shields you and lets you recover a small amount of health instantly. Unlike potion, it has no cooldown after youve been hit and also shields surrounding teammates!! great item!
that would be the trinket of restoration.
butchercrew wrote:
Another great item (which name i also dunno) is the "shoes" but not the ones u can speedbuff yourself with, but the ones that give you 20% longer charges. First good thing about them: like someone in this thread said before: keep moving!!! 20% more dodging and charging is a great thing! the second great thing about this item is: you are imune to ranged attacks while dodging and charging.
this is gust of wind.

another great item, especially for beasts, is the blue item in the middle of the lower row. it dispells one debuff per 45 seconds and gives 40 mana instead. so if you like to attack a sub/garr alone, like butch described, take this with you, as the enemy-commander will try to debuff you. you can dispell the first debuff (hopefully lifeleak) yourself and let your comm (ask him via VC) dispell the second one (probably cripple). if they are applied vice versa, you will lose a bit of health until your commander dispells you, but as you use the armor-buff of the trinket before getting close to enemy-towers, it will be restored Very Happy

btw: i have 2 red runes, but no bear, as they are scratch Sad
Back to top Go down
butchercrew

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:42 am

thx booiing Smile

I forgott one item: Later on in the game i also get the Heart of the maliken. Its great if you throw yourself in a Battle with numerous smaller enemy units with Pred/Lego. once u killed the first opponent u will regain some health back, giving you the chance to stay alive a bit longer while taking out the next guy etc. throw in the trinket, or a potion if you can stay unharmed long enough and so on.
Back to top Go down
Tjuh

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 am

Butch and Booiiing have pretty much coverd everything that matters. My favorite items r:
- armor +3 (or when it is available the other one that gives u +6)
- 2 100 health potions always!
- gust of wind (very good if u play scout often like i do)
- heart of maliken

and ofc my 2 runes: Red Bear Heart and White Armadillo Dagger
Back to top Go down
MeloÐeath

MeloÐeath

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 am

this thread helped me alot =)
im learning more and more
but i think the best way to learn more about s2 is just keep playing ... you create your own fightstyle and itembuild and you will improve it every day
Back to top Go down
rYuUma

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:00 am

cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Servitor

PostSubject: Re: lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)   lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 pm

1) If you see a building getting constructed, range attack it while closing in. It will stop building (unless a Journeyman/Engineer is helping) Critical strike/Venomous strike will deal damage overtime, so it will not continue building for the duration of the attack. (Unless this got fixed in some patch? can't confirm this really xD I still do it, but paying attention whether it works or not)

2) Get 2 dagger runes in your inventory list (if you are lucky enough to get them, or buy them if you don't mind doing so) and use them with a strenght build character and predator/savage rage = HOLY CRAP DAMAGE O_o. (The last attack of a flurry will do a real shitload of damage)

3) Use CHARGE on little slopes to be launched ahead. Watch some replays of me if you don't understand what I mean xD. If you want.

4) Never give up, and don't go crying "zomg we cant win lets concede". If you surender coz you're losing, then you miss the point of this game. ITS ABOUT KILLING THEM AND ENJOYING THE BLOOD SPILLING OUT OF THEM AS YOU ARE OWNING THEM WITH A HUGE SMILE ON YOUR FACE! BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

5) Ah, And don't think that enemy malphs are the end. They're impressive, but seriously, they have a 2-3 second delay after each flurry and you can block at least one hit you should block the last one, since that one deals a shitload of damage. Evade the other 2.

But you knew all this ofcourse.
Servitor.
Back to top Go down

lets all help RyrYruaAmAU! (tips thread)
Page 1 of 1